Skip to main content

Lockdown Watch #1

My covid-19 lockdown can be a little bit more unbearable without this watch. The script-writing are really good that they keep giving me more new things to think about and what path should my writing takes if I do want to write a serious piece in the future. 

1. When the Camellia Blooms (Series)

This drama makes me wonder what it feels to have a child of your own. They say mothers can be scary when it comes to protecting their children and Dongbaek really shows that. And I wonder if all single parents' children are as mature as Pilgu.

Favourite scene: Episode 18


"Then why did you lie to me? Why did you say you'll become an MLB player?"


"What about you? Why did you lie?"


"When did I lie?"


"You told me that I'm all you need!"


".........."


"What kind of a mom gets married? None of the other kids' moms get married! Do you even know how it feels to watch your own mom get married? At least you get to marry since you're an adult! But I can't do that because I'm a kid! It's not like I can go to the army, either! I have nowhere to go!" 


".........."


"This is annoying. Life is so annoying!"


"So hurry up and choose! Are you going to come with me or not?"


"I'll go with you."


Credit: Google



2. Instant Family (Movie)

Lately I've been craving to watch feel-good movies. Before this I was more interested in thriller, horror or psychological movies. Maybe because these genres are usually fast-paced that it makes me tired so fast that I cannot watch it as much now ( is this me getting old?). 'Instant Family' is the best movie that I've watched during this lockdown. Highly recommended ( I've watched it 2 and a half times already ... so far). The humour is very much my cup of tea. Although the script is pretty light, it does not fail to highlight the keyword of the movie which is 'adoption'. It effectively informs the audience the intricate layers of the system (referring to the US system), the inclination to adopt young children rather than teenagers and issues that are prone to occur before, during and after the adoption is finalised.

Although this movie is generally humorous, do not take it for granted. Some of the scenes can make you either teary-eyed or leave you sobbing silently. I honestly wanted to cry so much when Pete and Ellie (the couple who are taking care of three children temporarily in order to get to know them before finalising to be the children's legal adoptive parents) learned that they might not get to adopt the children when the biological mother is out of rehabilitation (because of drugs abuse) and are showing capabilities to finally care for her children. When Pete and Ellie argued why they were not told about the possibility earlier, before they got attached and fell in love with the children, I got seriously choked up.



Credit: Google





We thought this scene was super cute so my sister snapped a picture of it ><.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Pecal' anyone?

At first, I didn't really know how this 'pecal' looked like and of course how it tasted would be beyond my limited cognitive capacity to imagine. It was until I finally tried this dish with one of my friends. It was an unplanned occasion actually. Usually, I don't like the idea of unplanned activities. Everything has to be in my schedule. But that day, I lowered my ego and from being my usual 'planned-person' to just a friend to someone.  This pecal dish looked like what I would consider as humble. A little bit of that kampong look. But it had its pride on its portion. I ate this at around six in the evening and it took me around 9 or 10 a.m. the next morning to eat breakfast. I am the kind of person that like to eat my breakfast early. But somehow I felt quite full that morning, the day after eating pecal . Simply saying, it was a really truly filling meal I've ever had in campus with such a price! Seriously saying, some of the food here are pre

Dear Photos, Speak Your Words

Autumn in my heart. Eh? When my lecturer assigned us to create our own blogs, this was on of the things that came to my mind. To capture this scenery and post it on the blog. This was when it was ' 'autumn'  in the campus. Also, the reason I took this flower blooming tree was because one of my seniors asked for one. She must be truly special for me to go through the odds of taking these photos as I have this habit of not feeling comfortable to snap pics when there are people around. I had to wait for a few minutes to really come to this distance and snap it as there were students who were busy with their cameras too. I thought I had went out of my hostel early enough to avoid all of these disturbances. Well, I guessed I was wrong. It somehow came to my marvel how nature brought people together. In a way. This was my initial distance from the tree as this one student was busy taking pics of it -_-. It looked like snow from the distance, right? From that day o

Finally

At 12.44 a.m., April 10, 2015, I create this blog. It is mainly for the assignment purpose actually. However, I've dreamed of writing in a blog for quite some time. Just that a few issues came all the way like I was tired thinking of what the subjects of my writing should be; whether to focus on one thing or just cramp everything and anything in it. It had come to the extent that I was too tired of making up my mind that I thought I was going nowhere with it and decided to not create one.  To blog or not to blog, that's the question.  Nevertheless, here I am, writing in the middle of the night, finishing my articles mainly for  my assignment. Then, I'll consider whether to continue writing or stop halfway. Whatever it is, welcome to my blog peeps :)  p/s: Thanks buddy for the guide. I really don't know how to start a blog at the first place.